See what happened before Optimus Prime and Megatron came to Earth.

Transformers: Beginnings
2007 | Color | 19 Minutes | 1.78:1 | NA | Animation | Dolby | Hasbro

Source: DVD

Directors: Harold Hayes Jr.

Writers: Simon Furman

Stars: 
Peter Cullen
Frank Welker
Mark Ryan

Plot:
On their home planet of Cybertron, the Autobots and Decepticons are involved in an explosive battle over the coveted AllSpark. With the fate of the universe at stake, the Autobots send it far from the reaches of the ruthless Megatron, leader of the Decepticons. But there are even more surprises in store when it crash-lands on Earth.


What is with my and picking up these animation prequels?
And when I say animation I mean they brought to life the comic book. So this was not even a movie. I found this for 2 bucks and thought I missed one. I was pretty excited until I saw the 19 minutes run time. Crap...


But before I get all crazy let's talk about the good stuff shall we? The voices are the same as the 80's cartoon so that was a really nice surprise. The other voices though not very inspiring kind of flat but they get it done. The sound effects are very good and effective for this comic book. And the soundtrack is straight from the movie so it sounds very good as well. The comic book panels actually come to life quite nicely drawing you to the story. Everything blends together to give you a visually entertaining movie.

As for the bad I don't really have any other then somebody should have placed on the packaging that this was a digital comic book. That would not have stopped me from picking it up, but the shock of it would have been much less. 

If your a comic book geek or Transformers fan this is a must pick up. It was a Wal-Mart exclusive add-on to buying the movie so it will be hard to find. But well worth it if you see it. Even if your a serious fan of the series you will find this mildly entertaining. 

3 Bloody Brains out of 5






No comments:

Post a Comment